March 24, 2009

Serpent Throne

Just found out about these guys and they're fucking awesome! What's even better is that they're from Philly, so I'm sure I'll be able to catch a bunch of shows.

They were actually one of the bands that played with Pentagram down in Baltimore recently. I ended up not going down to that show due to money issues and I'm pretty pissed I missed it now that it's done and over... I'm also pissed because I just found out they just played at Johnny Brenda's with Flower Travellin' Band, which some consider the "Japanese Black Sabbath". Check'em out... but their stuff is hard to find.

Anyways, here's what Serpent Throne had to say about themselves

"Picture this:

Say there was a heavy rock festival in like '72 where Black Sabbath, Wishbone Ash, the Scorpions, Budgie, and like Cactus are supposed to play, but then, due to a series of plane crashes and natural disasters, only 1 surviving member from each band can make it. In order to calm down the crowd of heavy rockers, Iommi grabs a couple dudes from the other bands and puts together an emergency band. And then Uli Roth says, "We don't need a singer because he'll just get in the way of the riffs." I think that's what Serpent Throne is aiming for. Whether we get there or not is another story, but we'll drink some beer and rip some guitar harmonies along the way."






You should support these guys! They're keeping good music alive!!

Fuck yeah!

No comments: